- Broker Associate
Send Me A Message
Chairman Circle – Platinum
D Best Realtor 2009-2023
D Best Top Producer/Top Producer Platinum 2012-2023
When Karla Trusler decided to close her successful law practice in 2000, after nearly a decade, it was to do what she had been ready to do for many years: enter the world of residential real estate. Today, her legal background, negotiating skills and in-depth knowledge of the market have made her one of the most valued and productive real-estate advisers in Dallas.
Karla grew up in Highland Park and graduated from Highland Park High School. Upon graduation from Baylor University, where she earned a BBA, and Baylor Law School, where she earned a JD, she returned to Dallas, where she practiced law as a trial attorney. She has held her Texas real-estate license since 1988 and became an active agent in January 2000.
Attributes achieved while Karla was an attorney have empowered her effectiveness as an agent, whether it is her sharp negotiation skills, her commitment to clear understanding and communication with all parties involved or her uncompromising attention to detail. Having lived in the Park Cities and Preston Hollow nearly her entire life, Karla has extensive market knowledge of these areas, as well as Bluffview, Lakewood and North Dallas.
In 2008, her husband, Alex Trusler, joined her as a partner. Together, they combine attention to detail with big-picture approaches. In order to take their business to the next level, they joined Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty in 2011, bringing to their clients the firm’s personal touch and global reach. Today, Karla and Alex are members of the Chairman’s Circle Platinum level at Briggs Freeman Sotheby’s International Realty.
Karla knows that for most people, their home is their most expensive single asset and the biggest investment they may ever make. For those reasons — and the fact that a house is a home — transactions can be very emotional. It is important for an agent to be able to walk the line between investment and home, and to help the client keep both facets in perspective. Karla has rarely worked with a client who has not become a friend. While working with clients on a professional level, the emotional aspects of buying a home can foster a personal relationship. By the end of many transactions, Karla ends up knowing clients’ children, friends and sometimes even their pets.
In addition to having her BBA and JD degrees, Karla also has the following real estate licenses, certifications and designations:
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Texas
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
- Graduate, Realtor Institute (GRI)
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR)
- Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
- Million Dollar Guild (CLHMS)
- Certified Real Estate Negotiation Expert (RENE)
- D Magazine Best Real Estate Agents 2009-2023
- D Magazine Top Producer, Platinum Level, 2012-2023.
Karla currently resides in the Park Cities with her husband and three children. Her dedication and commitment also extend to the following boards and organizations in which she is actively involved:
- Texas Association of Realtors Professional Standards Committee
- Executive Board of Directors of the Southwestern Diabetic Foundation (Camp Sweeney)
- Sustaining member of the Junior League of Dallas
- Park Cities Presbyterian Church
- Dallas Pi Beta Phi Alumnae Club
- FBI National Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- Highland Park High School Alumni Association Board
- President’s Advisory Council for The Hope Center
- Former board member of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.